Taking it slow

I have been feeling pretty overwhelmed lately. Work isn't pleasant as we are waiting for our time to end (my company was sold, my team didn't transfer to the new company and I know my end-date is sometime this summer) , there isn't much to do at the office which I am not used to, in addition I am not sure where to begin in terms of yoga and how to prepare for my upcoming yoga teacher training.

I was thinking about all of this and I just realized that I need to give myself some space. I need to take it slow and give myself time to adjust. This past weekend was nice in terms of this, I got a chance to deal with home stuff. Clean, cook, work in the garden, organize, etc. We really did clean the house this time since we have a party next weekend. As I removed the dust from our rooms and shifted, organized and got rid of unnecessary stuff we have, it felt as though I could do the same inside, maybe slower than a vacuum-clean but take each room at a time, work on them slowly, wait for the dust to settle then re-organize my body, mind and soul.

There is so much inside me that I want to share and so much I want to do. Yet I find myself a little frozen now. Now that I finally have taken a step to change things and really start living. I am waiting for that final dust to settle, to sit down and look at what else is out there, what else I need to pull out from the cupboards, what expired and what still works. Then of course I need to keep doing this until I can create delicious meals out of my cupboard contents and my garden and whatever I pick from the grocery store, share them with friends, soon to be friends, loved ones and family. And keep creating and growing and sharing...

Is it too much to ask?

Comments

Popular Posts