Tomato-lentil soup


I just finished cooking this soup and let me tell you, it's pure awesomeness! :)

I usually put 1% or skim milk to my tomato soups but since our milk had gone bad I had to improvise, so I decided to add some red lentils as protein and it turned out amazing! I strongly recommend trying it! :)




Tomato-lentil soup
1 can of stewed veggies and tomatoes
1 can of tomato sauce
1 can of diced tomatoes
2-3 table spoons of olive oil
1.5 table spoonfuls of flour
1.5 cups of red lentils
salt, red pepper flakes, black pepper, garlic powder (go easy on the salt since tomatoes will have salt in them!)
  • Stir and cook the flour in olive oil until fragrant.
  • Add everything else plus 3-4 cans of water (use the tomato cans to measure)
  • Bring to simmer, when lentils are cooked thoroughly, use a hand blender to mix everything up and enjoy! :)

Comments

Popular Posts