Everything-in-the-fridge Indian Inspired Veggie Dish :)

So for this one here is what I used:

3 table spoons of olive oil
1 onion
2 potatoes
a cup of small carrots
lots of mushrooms (or whatever amount you have)
4-5 pieces of celery
1 small piece of broccoli (I had it left in the fridge :)
1 large green pepper
salt, pepper

Cut everything and add to your iron-cast pot (some people call it a 'dutch oven' if you don't have one you can use a regular pot but I strongly recommend getting one, the flavors it produces are amazing! Plus your food cooks in half the time, mine's this one). Cook them in semi-low heat.

In the meantime, open a can of tomato sauce and pour your spices on it. You'll mix the spices with the sauce before pouring, this is the best way to mix things in without creating spice chunks! Add lots of curry, some chili powder, some cumin, salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper, and my mom's secret spice mix (hehe I and only some selected individuals have this. Hmm, I can't give you the recipe, as I said it's a secret, I can tell you though if you don't have this add some oregano and mint as a substitute, it won't be as awesome but oh well :). Mix these in and pour into your pot.



Let things cook in low heat, checking and mixing every once in a while, before everything's about to be all cooked, you'll mix 5-6 cloves of garlic and 2 cups of cilantro in your mixer and add this as the very last piece. If the mixer has trouble mixing, add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.

Eat and thank me when you are loving it!
Ciao!
:) Damla

Comments

Popular Posts